Internship Experience for Medical Imaging Majors

BAHS medical imaging majors gained valuable experience with various imaging technologies  during internships at Geisinger Health System.  

Intern Ashley Wilkins  reports: "I have been able to see so much in the Radiology field. I have observed general diagnostic radiology, MRI, CAT scan, and ultrasound. I have seen x-rays of different body parts, especially of the chest. I have also seen numerous MRIs of the brain and spine and CAT scans of the chest and abdomen. Lastly, I have seen many pregnancy ultrasounds. My favorite part of the internship is being able to start learning early. I definitely recommend this internship to other students. It is a great way to become more familiar with the type of environment you will work in during your career. It is also  a jump start to your learning, because you get to see so much and you have the opportunity to ask questions. "

Intern Xiang Liao states.  "I learned how to position patients, collimate light fields, locate central rays for patients' different body parts, communicate with patients professionally, and handle complicated issues under special circumstances. My favorite part of this internship was that I got  to learn so many new things from the x-ray technologists every day and I got to experience what the job is really like. I would definitely recommend this Internship to other students who are thinking of entering the radiology field. Interns will be able to walk away with a full knowledge of X-ray technology and build a strong foundation for clinicals in the future. "

In addition to Ashley and Xiang, winter session interns also include:  Ashley Conaway, Audrey Edgell, Kadie Lee Hunter, and AmberZurewich.  Spring interns include Margaret Biscotti, Austin Bowers, Taylor Fite, Hailey Glovach, Holly Holtzer, Kaitlyn Kaiser, 

The medical imaging interns are supervised by Dr. Angela Hess and Dr. Barry Nolt .

Popular posts from this blog

Penn State Primary Care Scholars Program

Dr. Stefanie Kroll, stream ecologist, presents seminar